What is a close contact
A close contact is someone who:
- spends at least 15 minutes in face-to-face contact with someone who’s had a positive test result; or
- spends more than 2 hours in an enclosed room with someone who’s had a positive test result.
Any other contact is deemed low risk.
Coronavirus cases related to tourism and hospitality businesses
Public Health Services has advised a number of Tasmanian tourism and hospitality businesses of two interstate visitors being diagnosed with coronavirus after returning home.
The two people travelled together as part of an organised tour of Tasmania from 12 to 23 March.
If Tasmanians were at these locations on these days and have developed respiratory symptoms in the 14 days afterwards, they should contact the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738.
The locations are:
- Hobart City Travel Lodge (12-19 March)
- Gray Line tour bus from Hobart to Port Arthur (morning of 13 March)
- Port Arthur Historic Site and visitor centre (13 March)
- Carnarvon Bay ‘Navigators’ boat tour (afternoon of 13 March)
- Female Factory Site, South Hobart (morning of 14 March)
- Cascade Gardens, South Hobart (morning of 14 March)
- MONA ferry from Hobart (1.15pm, 14 March)
- MONA (1.30 to 4pm, 14 March)
- Peppermint Bay Cruise and Restaurant (15 March)
- Freycinet Marine Farm (16 March)
- Kate’s Berry Farm (16 March)
- Pennicott Cruises on Bruny Island (17 March)
- Female Factory, South Hobart (18 March)
- Grape Food and Wine Bar, Salamanca (18 March)
- Launceston Leisure Inn (19-23 March)
- Bridestowe Lavender Farm (20 March)
- Pyengana Cheese Factory (20 March)
- Lease 65, St Helens (20 March)
- Batman Bridge River Cruise, run by Tamar River Cruises (21 March)
- Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre and Waldheim Chalet (22 March)
- Ashgrove Tasmanian Farm (22 March)
Public Health Services is working with the tour operator to obtain more specific details about transport taken by the people while in Tasmania and will provide this additional information as soon as it is available.
I’ve been on the Ruby Princess cruise ship
We’re aware NSW has been in contact with passengers who were on that ship. Public Health Services (PHS) Tasmania will also be in touch as soon as possible. Please self-isolate at home until you hear from PHS Tasmania.
If you are very unwell and need an ambulance, let Ambulance Tasmania know you have been told to self-isolate because of your recent international travel, including that you were on the Ruby Princess.