Home isolation periods and/or the spread of COVID-19 can be stressful and may leave you feeling concerned. There are a range of support services available, including talking to a counsellor or other mental health professional.
Head to Health
The Head to Health website provides links to trusted Australian mental health online and phone supports, resources and treatment options. It also has online programs and forums, as well as a range of digital information resources.
Using the search page, you can navigate to various resources and services for help if you’re experiencing mental health concerns, or trying to support someone else. If you’re not sure where to start, you can also use Sam the Chatbot. Sam provides tailored recommendations on information and services that best suit your needs.
Where to get help
- Department of Health Social Work Services:
- South: (03) 6166 8354
- North: (03) 6777 4155
- North West: (03) 6478 6119
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636 (24 hours, 7days)
- MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Rural Alive and Well (RAW): 1300 4357 6283 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Life in Mind
- SANE forums
- Employee assistance programs
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service and Family Drug Support: 1800 811 994
- Alcohol and Drug Services (Department of Health): 1300 139 641
- Quit Tasmania: 13 78 48
- Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tasmania