Evidence of Tasmanian residency

Evidence of residency

One of the following documents will be acceptable as evidence of to support quarantine at your own residence:

  • Tasmanian driver licence; or
  • Another Tasmanian issued licence or identification type that includes a residential address; or
  • Australian Tax Office Assessment (2018/19); or
  • Tasmanian vehicle registration papers; or
  • Evidence of ONE of the following that must include the address of your Tasmanian residence and your full name, and is no more than six months old:
    • Financial Institution Statement
    • Utility Account (Power, Water, Telephone, Gas)
    • Council rates notice
    • Lease or Rental Agreement
    • Land Tax Valuation Notice
    • Certificate of Title.

An authorised officer will review your evidence type at the gateway to Tasmania.

Please note – a Statutory Declaration will not be accepted as evidence of residency at the border.

If you cannot produce suitable evidence

If you have arrived in Tasmania without one of the types of evidence listed, you must proceed to Government provided accommodation. You must stay there until you are able to produce suitable evidence. If you cannot produce suitable evidence, you must complete the quarantine period at the Government provided accommodation.

Applying to the State Controller for recognition as a Tasmanian resident

If you have evidence that is not listed but that you believe proves your residency, you may apply to the State Controller as part of your G2G PASS submission for it to be recognised as suitable evidence.

Please note that applications take a minimum of three business days to process. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to travel.