Evidence of residency
One of the following documents will be acceptable as evidence of Tasmanian residency:
- Current Tasmanian driver licence; or
- Tasmanian Government Personal Information Card; or
- Person with Vision Impairment Travel Pass; or
- Australian Tax Office Assessment (2018/19 or 2019/20); or
- Australian Government concession card (which includes an address); or
- Current Tasmanian vehicle registration papers; or
- Another current Tasmanian Government issued licence or identification type that includes a residential address; or
- Evidence of ONE of the following that must include the address of your Tasmanian residence and your full name, and is no more than six (6) months old:
- Bank or financial institution statement
- Utility account (power, water, telephone, gas)
- Council rates notice
- Lease or rental agreement
- Land Tax valuation notice
- Certificate of Title.
An authorised officer will review your evidence type at the gateway to Tasmania.
Please note – a Statutory Declaration will not be accepted as evidence of residency.
Applying to the Deputy State Controller for recognition as a Tasmanian resident
If you have evidence that is not listed but that you believe proves your residency, you may apply to the Deputy State Controller as part of your G2G PASS submission for it to be recognised as suitable evidence.