A suitable premises means:
- a private residence
- short-term rental accommodation where the person or family isolating is/are the only occupants
- or other premises approved by the Deputy State Controller or the Director of Public Health
- a residential address or property (primary residence, secondary residence i.e. shack, rental property or mooring)
- a private residence of a relative or friend
- a rental property including short stay accommodation (e.g. a booking an entire property or cabin, with fully self-contained facilities and no communal areas)
Travellers must provide their intended quarantine address in their G2G PASS application. Relevant evidence should be provided to support the intention to quarantine in a suitable premise, including that you will be able to comply with the quarantine requirements (e.g. food delivery). Types of evidence include:
- Evidence of Tasmanian residency displaying your name and residential address
- Evidence of relative or friend’s residency displaying their residential address, and a letter of support from the relative or friend, indicating that they are willing to support the traveller during quarantine
- Short-stay rental agreement
- Mooring lease or letter of support from port authority with declaration confirming the traveller has access to fully self-contained facilities and necessary supplies
- Booking confirmation that shows a reservation for a stand alone property with a minimum stay of 14 days, with declaration confirming the traveller has access to fully self-contained facilities and necessary supplies to support themselves during quarantine.
The following are not accepted as suitable premises for quarantine unless in exceptional circumstances and approved by the Deputy State Controller:
- Commercial accommodation providers that are not stand alone properties (e.g. hotel rooms)
- Accommodation with shared facilities in non-private settings (e.g. caravan parks, youth hostels, boarding homes, group homes, single rooms in AirBnB properties)
If you do not have a suitable premises for quarantine, you may be required to quarantine in government-designated accommodation, fees can apply see Quarantine for more details.
More information for accommodation providers can be found on Information for accommodation providers.