Your initial application via the G2G PASS system must be made via the G2G website. You will be able to use the website or download the app to your smartphone or tablet to track the progress of your application.
- Go to www.g2gpass.com.au
- Select “Tasmania Get Started”.
- There is important information that you must read before you make your application. You will then be asked to read a declaration and tick the box if you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide. Click “Continue” if you have provided your consent.
- The next page contains information regarding your travel to Tasmania and your responsibilities. You must indicate that you have read and understood this information by clicking “Continue”.
- Enter your personal details – including either your driver’s licence number, passport number, Medicare number or Tasmanian Personal Identification Card number.
- Enter the details of each person travelling with you.
- If you are travelling with children, you can click on (+) at the bottom of page to add the details of each accompanying child. Children under the age of 18 will only need their own individual G2G PASS if they are travelling unaccompanied.
- Click “Continue”.
- You will be asked whether you have spent time in one of the specified regions or premises within 14 days of travelling to Tasmania.
- Select whether you will arrive by sea or by air transport.
- Choose your reason for travelling to Tasmania by selecting from the "Request Category" list. If you are applying for recognition as an Essential Traveller, visit the Schedule of Specified Persons to decide which category you can apply for. See Coming to Tasmania for details.
- Enter your travel details including proposed date of arrival.
- You will be asked to answer a number of questions relating to your travel history and health status. This information will be verified upon arrival in Tasmania, to make sure it is current (note – your answers to these questions may change the outcome that appears on your G2G PASS, as your eligibility may have changed).
- If you are applying to be recognised as an Essential Traveller, you will be asked for supporting information that demonstrates your eligibility against the Essential Traveller criteria (see the Schedule of Specified Persons). Please provide as much information as possible to verify why you fit into this category.
- If home quarantine is required, you will be asked to provide the address at which you will undertake your quarantine once you arrive in Tasmania.
- Attach documents to support your application, for example, an image of your driver’s licence or other document to prove your Tasmanian residency; if you are a worker coming to Tasmania, a letter from your employer in Tasmania outlining the work you will do, why it is time critical, and why no one local can do it; or if you are coming to support an ill friend or family member, a letter from their treating doctor which outlines why you must attend immediately. If you do not provide suitable evidence, your application will be declined and will require resubmission.
- You will then need to make a declaration regarding the information you have submitted in your application. You should read the declaration carefully. If you are able to make the declaration, tick the checkbox. The following message will appear on your screen, "Application ready to submit". You need to enter a password to create your G2G PASS account. Then press "Submit application". This will display the "Success" page to confirm your application has been submitted.
- You will receive two emails. One will request that you verify your email address. The other will notify you that your application has been received. If you have not received these emails within 1 hour please check your junk mail or check that you have completed your application.
It will take at least three business days for your application to be finalised. You will then receive an email advising you of the outcome.
Notification of decision
You will receive an email to notify you of the outcome of your G2G PASS application.
If your G2G PASS is issued, you will receive a second email which includes the PDF of your G2G PASS QR code – this is what you need to show authorities when you arrive in Tasmania. Download the G2G PASS app to your phone to update any travel details and to see the status of your application. Your G2G PASS will also be available in the app for scanning by authorities when you arrive in Tasmania. If you prefer, you can carry a printed copy of your G2G PASS QR code.
If your application is not approved, you will receive an email to the address you provided in your application. The status of a declined application is not visible in the G2G app – you will need to log into the dashboard at www.g2gpass.com.au. Feedback on your unsuccessful application is also currently only provided via email and not visible in the app or dashboard.