The G2G PASS system is the most effective way of providing the information required from travellers who want to enter Tasmania after spending time in medium and high-risk areas.
Online G2G PASS submissions must be made via the G2G PASS website. You can also use the website to track the progress of your submission, or you can download the G2G smartphone app.
- Go to www.g2gpass.com.au
- Select “Tasmania Get Started”.
- You must read the information provided. You will then be asked to read a declaration and tick the box if you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide. Click “Continue” if you have provided your consent.
- The next page contains information regarding your travel to Tasmania and your responsibilities. You must indicate that you have read and understood this information by clicking “Continue”.
- Enter your personal details – including either your driver’s licence number, passport number, Medicare number or Tasmanian Personal Identification Card number.
- Enter the details of each person travelling with you (please note every adult will need to complete their own individual G2G PASS submission).
- If you are travelling with children under 18 years of age, you can click on (+) at the bottom of page to add the details of each accompanying child. Children under the age of 18 travelling unaccompanied will need their own G2G PASS.
- Click “Continue”.
- You will be asked where you have spent time before travelling to Tasmania.
- Select whether you will arrive by sea or by air transport.
- Choose your reason for travelling to Tasmania by selecting from the "Request Category" list. If you are applying for recognition as an Essential Traveller, see Essential Traveller categories to check your eligibility.
- Enter your travel details including proposed date of arrival.
- You will be asked to answer a number of questions relating to your travel history and health status. This information will be verified upon arrival in Tasmania.
- If you are applying to be recognised as an Essential Traveller, you will be asked for supporting information that demonstrates your eligibility against the Essential Traveller criteria. Please provide as much information as possible to verify why you fit into this category.
- You will be asked to provide a proposed address at which you will undertake your quarantine once you arrive in Tasmania (please note that some travellers will be required to quarantine in government-designated accommodation).
- Attach documents to support your submission. for example, an image of your driver’s licence or other document to prove your Tasmanian residency; if you are a worker coming to Tasmania, a letter from your employer in Tasmania outlining the work you will do, why it is time critical, and why no one local can do it; or if you are coming to support an ill friend or family member, a letter from their treating doctor which outlines why you must attend immediately. If you do not provide suitable evidence, your submission will be declined and will require resubmission.
- You will then need to make a declaration regarding the information you have submitted in your submission. You should read the declaration carefully. If you are able to make the declaration, tick the checkbox. The following message will appear on your screen, "Application ready to submit". You need to enter a password to create your G2G PASS account. Then press "Submit application". This will display the "Success" page to confirm your submission has been submitted.
- You will receive two emails. One will request that you verify your email address. The other will notify you that your submission has been received. If you have not received these emails within 1 hour please check your junk mail or check that you have completed your submission.
Where possible, travellers are encouraged to apply at least three (3) business days before arrival and not more than 14 days before travel.
It will take at least three (3) business days for your submission to be finalised. You will then receive an email advising you of the outcome.
To enable appropriate assessment of Essential Traveller submissions when specialist interstate skills are required, G2G Essential Traveller submissions should be made not less than seven (7) days prior to travel to Tasmania where possible.
Notification of decision
You will receive an email to notify you of the outcome of your G2G PASS submission.
If your G2G PASS is issued, you will receive a second email which includes the PDF of your G2G PASS QR code – this is what you need to show authorities when you arrive in Tasmania. You can download the G2G PASS app to your phone to update any travel details and to see the status of your submission. Your G2G PASS will also be available in the app for scanning by authorities when you arrive in Tasmania. If you prefer, you can carry a printed copy of your G2G PASS QR code.
If your submission is not approved, you will receive an email explaining why. The status of a declined submission can only be viewed through your G2G PASS account on the website, it is not visible in the G2G app.